Hiring the right offshore software development company
According to Wikipedia, “Offshore outsourcing
is the practice of hiring an external organization to perform some business functions in a country other than the one where the products or services are actually developed or manufactured.”
There are several different types of offshore outsourcing.
- ITO – ITO is referred to Information Technology Outsourcing. It is typically a method of reducing Information Technology cost.
- BPO – BPO stands for Business Process Outsourcing. It is focused on improving overall productivity, efficiency and competitiveness of your processes.
- Software R&D – Software R&D or Offshore Software Development describes the method of providing software development services by vendors located in a different country from where the client is located.
- KPO – KPO or Knowledge Process Outsourcing takes the BPO or Business Process Outsourcing to the next step. KPO or Knowledge Process Outsourcing companies provide advanced analytical skills, depth of knowledge, experience and judgment factor.
The main reason behind offshore outsourcing has mainly been cost savings. However, businesses have noticed that, with the right offshore software development partner, they also see the following benefits:
- Faster time to market.
- Lower overall software development cost.
- Allow their own personnel to focus on core competencies.
- Gain access to greater pool of talent without hiring hassles or overhead cost.
The key is finding the right offshore software development partner. Just like hiring the right software developer, choosing the right offshore software development partner requires some careful consideration. The right offshore software development partner should be more concerned about clients’ issues, their challenges and their needs; someone who can stand behind their work; someone who can fulfill their promises; someone who can guarantee the quality of their work; someone who is less concerned about their bottom line and more concerned about meeting their clients’ needs.